Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Beginnings/Beginning Anew

Hello Blog World.

It has been far too long.

But here I am, bound and determined to resurface into the great world of blogging.

Why come back into the dying world of writing paragraphs when everyone (including myself)seems to be perfectly content summing up their lives on status updates?

Well. I miss it.

I absolutely love wasting hours going back through the wonderful adventures and mundane, but funny, moments on the Hmmm? blog. It makes me a little sad to think I have no great way of going back over the last two years and seeing what went on. Despite the futile attempts at getting back into writing that blog, or JJ's blog, I never liked splitting my stories and pictures and random thoughts between two blogs. I am not good at spreading the writing love around.

So, with a little (okay, a big) twinge of sadness, I have closed the virtual door on the Hmmm? blog. I like to think of it as twisting the big creaky circular handle on a bank safe and locking inside my most treasured memories. My life has changed...a lot...since I began that blog back in March of 2006. Finishing up my first year of teaching? Aww, I was so cute :)

I tried, really hard, to convince myself to just keep writing on that blog. But in the end, I felt far too confined by the life of outdoors adventure-iness (take THAT autocorrect) that built that blog from nothing into something I now really treasure. My life isn't all that any more. It is not just the hikes and rides and climbs that shaped my personality, confidence, and outlook on adult life. It is not just my funny Kindergarten students. It is a new journey, a new adventure. This is my attempt at melding all of that and a whole lot more (can we give a shout out to toddler teething anyone?).

Moddlerhood.

Surviving modern toddlerhood. Teaching in 'da hood. Being a mom. Redefining adventure with a very adventurous, and still wonderful as ever, husband.

Hope you enjoy the ride!


 (oh, and a quick note to me, who eventually feels too confined by this title or this blog...I am THAT adorable and naive at 30. 'Tis good stuff. And typing an entire blog via an iPad 1 is slooooow.)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere! I know exactly what you mean when it you say it becomes hard to fit in all the adventure amidst work and family life, much less find time to write about it, too. You've got plenty else to write about with that new family of yours, though, and I look forward to reading about that new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun first post. I'm excited to read your blog, Marni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand how life changes, but blog titles or topics seem to confine you. I'm so glad you found a way to meld them all together in a single Hmmmm? blog. ;)

    Sounds like you are really growing as an individual as I read your first post. And although adventure and outdoors is a significant part of life, there is so much that makes you who you are! I look forward to reading your new blog. Plus, having a toddler myself, I'm sure I will be able to relate to many of your posts. :)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete