Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Now here's a good example...

So I've had a post started since last night about the spin instructor from... well... you know where.

I needed to bring my computer home from work to do the final edits since my iPad seems to format blogger very weird.

Anyway. 

Looking forward to getting the blog done after JJ goes to sleep tonight (Hubs is at a late class until 9), I am now sitting here experiencing the true joy of Moddlerhood.

The Bedtime Standoff.

JJ has been in his crib for an hour and a half begging and pleading for one more kiss, one more hug, one more "pat pat". 

I am really bad about giving in a few times, usually resulting in a sleeping toddler and not-guilty-feeling-mommy.

But tonight.

Oh tonight.

There are sobbing, heaving, pleas coming from upstairs and a breaking but oh so exhausted and under-patient mommy dowstairs.

I am clearly losing The Standoff here.

One more kiss won't hurt anyone, I find myself saying as I walk upstairs to calm him down.

Damnit, why did you give in?, I find myself saying as I leave the room to an even bigger tantrum than I walked into initially.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Even Turbo has his head buried in the couch downstairs to ward off the noise.

Ah, the joys of Moddlerhood.

Can he make it to two hours? 

We're closing in...

Edit: Dare I say I think the Sleep Monster has finally won The Standoff.  It did take me going in yet another time to keep him from vomiting all over his crib by crying so hard. But I did not give in to his constant pleas of "Chair!  PLEEEEEASE!".  I did not rock him, just gave him a kiss and stood there with my hand on his chest while he finally passed out mid-"pleeeeee...".  Ah, silencio.  'Tis an adventure some days, that's fo sho.

1 comment:

  1. You just haven't built up your immunity yet. Eventually you'll be saying, "No, go to sleep!" :)

    ReplyDelete